Saturday, July 21, 2012

Konain Khan (Pakistani talented model)

Join our page at:
supermediapk.blogspot @facebook
Watch her video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O53pkGyE1MQ
"My height has definitely helped shape my career" says Konain Khan, an emerging model. She chose modelling as a career against her family's wish and today the slender beauty makes her presence felt by her captivating walk on the ramp. Her chiselled features and her scintillating smile are oomph factors of her winsome personality. She has been the brand ambassador for many local and international products. From magazine shoots and television commercials to ramp modelling, she has explored the world of glamour in a short span of three years. Recently MAG got a chance to meet Konain and had a candid chat. Excerpts:

WJ: How did you first get into modelling?
KK:
 I joined the fashion industry around three years ago. A friend had introduced me to a fashion photographer Azi Raza, who was highly impressed with my 5'11 height. Soon I met Frieha Altaf, who provided unconditional support to me. Initially I had to work really hard to make a place in the industry. Frieha did not only groom me as a model but also gave me immense confidence to exhibit my skills. I first walked the ramp for her show, TRC Pakistan.
What influenced you to become a high-end fashion model?
The motivation behind this bold step was to make my height the most appealing element of my personality. People used to make fun of my tall height and today they value me because of it.
Do you remember your first fashion shoot? How was the transition from being the girl-next door to a fashion model?
My first fashion shoot was for the cover of a popular fashion magazine. Rarely do people get such an opportunity at the beginning of their careers, especially when you don't have much contacts in this field. I was really thrilled about it. Even for my first fashion show, when Frieha announced my name, I was shaking because of the excitement.
Who are your favourite fashion designers?
All our fashion designers are doing a superb job, but my personal favourites are HSY, Rehana Saigol and Nilofar Shahid.
What new fashion trends are you into right now?
Flowing gowns are my all time favourites and I can don them in any season regardless of fashion trends.
What is your mantra to keep a fit and healthy body?
At the start of my career I worked very hard to keep my body fit. I was a little chubby but with the help of a personal trainer I lost around 10 to15kgs. I worked out in the gym and followed a strict diet regimen. Even now when I feel that I am putting on some weight I immediately start dieting and exercise to maintain my weight.

What do you think is the best thing about being a model?
Fame is the main attraction for me, when people recognise me and come for an autograph, it makes me feel really special.

Have you had any negative experiences with modelling agencies? 
Delays in payments are the only worries. If someone pays me on time, I would surely have no issues with them. The only advice I would like to give to new models is to work with creditable modelling agencies, so that they don't get misused.

Who are your favourite photographers and high-fashion models? 
My favourite photographers are Khursheed Mirza, Munna Mushtaq and of course Azi Raza and amongst models, Vaneeza, Nadia Hussain, Fouzia and Iraj are my favourites.
What do you think is the difference between the careers of male and female models in Pakistan?
Female models in our country get more opportunities than their male counterparts. Male models have limited scope and hardly anyone gets as much fame as compared to female models.
The fashion industry has been dominated by a few people and many talented people have been neglected because of this monopoly. How do you see this situation?
Our fashion industry is in itself a niche; the real problem is that our choreographers, directors and producers are not ready to experiment with new talent. They should experiment and bring in new blood and fresh faces to the industry.
It seems to an outsider that progress in this field is quite easy, is this really true?
The field of fashion is just like any other field. Achieving success, fame and money here may seem easy to many but in reality a lot of hard work is needed. Sometimes, us models cannot even eat and sleep properly because of the workload and pressure.
What is your view about lobbying in this field?
Lobbying is obviously leaving a bad impact. New and fresh faces disappear from the scene within a year or two because they don't get the chance to work with other talented people.

Tell us something about yourself that the world does not know. What else is there to Konain, other than the ramp and glamour?
I love simplicity and it attracts me a lot, whether it's an individual or a thing. I love simple people, those who don't have attitude and are nice to talk to.
What would be the one thing you would like to change about yourself?
The only thing that I want to change about myself is my temper. Once I lose my temper it becomes really difficult for me to control it.
How would you describe your style?
My style is simple and casual and I usually prefer neutral colours.
Which profession would you have chosen, if you weren't a model?
I would definitely be an entrepreneur because I have natural inclination towards it.
Describe yourself in three words?
Humble, caring and fashionable.
What's your favourite city in Pakistan?
In Pakistan, I love the calmness of Islamabad, I feel relaxed in its soothing green environment. Bangkok is another fascinating destination for me.
If you had to choose a superpower, which one would you choose?
I would choose the power of solving all my friends' problems.
Do you believe in love? What is love for you?
I strongly believe in love. It is a beautiful feeling that can completely change a person's life.























Any message for aspiring models?
Don't listen to others and do whatever your heart tells you to do. Make your place in the industry with hard work and dedication and show the world how glamorous and stylish you are.


1 comment:

My Videos